vintage shopping in baltimore

One of the first things I loved about Baltimore was Hampden, a neighborhood full of vintage shops (hence the love).  I have trolled it many times with little money to actually make a purchase, but last weekend I finally went into Avenue Antiques with a few bucks, and learned that there is a DOWNSTAIRS full of clothes and some home goods.

I found this little button-down with tiny whales all over it for $10.

And this little pitcher - I just love the shape and the cork stopper.

Which reminded me that I never posted this blanket that I LOVE that was also a Hampden score - at Charlotte Elliott, back in November, when I had no business spending a dime without a job.

I am hoping the posting of vintage items I have purchased is going to surge soon...


  1. That whale shirt is too cute! Does it fit you as is or will you need to alter it?
    The blanket is beautiful, I love the colors.

  2. You, know it doesn't need any alterations! Maybe a tad on the small side in the sleeves, but suprisingly it fits. I've taken a break on buying vintage clothes that need to be altered until I've gone through the pile I already have waiting.

  3. I love that whale shirt!

    I've yet to make it to Baltimore for more than a concert, but the vintage shopping is interesting me...

    1. Hampden - 36th St. I like the two above as well as Woodward's and Dreamland. I'm sure there's more I haven't discovered yet.