out of order skirt

i made a skirt using this tutorial from out of order. i absolutely love this vintage fabric (i also used it last year for this bag) and it is exactly what i wanted for a skirt. it doesn't have the same fullness as the skirt in the tutorial (because it is a jersey knit, and drapes just like she mentions in the tutorial), but i'm ok with that.

when i was almost done sewing it and tried it on, it felt like it should have pockets. one modification, if you can even call it that, is that i used french seams, so, i ripped out enough of the seams, traced pockets from another skirt, and stitched the pockets sort of into the fold of the seams. if that makes any sense.

ugh. my photos aren't great, as usual. but the skirt's not bad!


reversible bag

the inspiration for this bag was the bag i purchased from //between the lines//, along with this tutorial from her, which helped a lot wit the clever way to attach the straps. in fact, i traced my own //between the lines// bag because it is such a good shape and size.

another simple good one.


i just can't quit it with the wiksten tanks.

i love this freakin' pattern.

i made this one in one night! (i stayed up late). i was really happy to finally use this fabric i bought last year at what cheer? and i like how it came out.
no modifications here.

short and sweet.


kimono tank

my lack of blogging has nothing to do with a lack of sewing. i've got the sewing bug lately, and have a lot of projects to catch up on posting.
this is a tank top pattern from twinkle sews and i used a kimono that i bought at a yard sale (for $1 or $5 i can't remember). the fabric is not at all what is recommended by the pattern, but i really wanted a tank top with this fabric.

i'm happy with the straps and how this looks with aidez but i'm not entirely happy with the pattern writing and the fact that several times my iron burned a nice yellowish stain, including on the top right front. mmhmm.

the fabric is quite stiff and i need to take the straps in more, so the top sits a little funny, but for some reason i love it with this sweater, so it works for me.

more to come.

** update** i always forget to post modifications.

1. when i traced the pattern, i added 1/8" so i could make french seams.
2. after sewing it together, i chopped a bunch of fabric off the back because it was too full/baby doll in the back for my taste.
3. i added that little horizontal piece in the middle of the bust because i liked the contrasting stripes.
4. i only lined the top (lined with the same fabric).

ok i think that's it. duh. kind of the point of posting is to learn something.