6.30.2009

stuck in boston without a cord for my camera!

and it is therefore difficult for me to post anything interesting. Blogs are not very interesting without photos (at least mine isn't!) and although I've been taking a wealth of photos, I can't upload them, as I have been in Boston much longer than planned. I am 2/3 of the way through this sweater in Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool, and I'm dying to post pictures, even though I think it's coming out bigger than I wanted and it looks like I might be ripping out the first sleeve and greatly reducing it...

Anyways, hopefully I'll be able to get back to this when I get back to DC!

Although I am plugging away on my sunshine sweater, all I think about is the project queue in my head. It has, of course, changed since a few posts ago. Here's where we're at:

1. Sunshine sweater. Yes, we know.
2. Still on target for the Sunny Tied Quilt; I have almost all the fabric and started stitching some of it up before I left, but am unsure if I like my fabric selection, although I'm still going to go for it. For whatever reason, I immediately thought "cowboys" when I decided to make this quilt, so I found a vintage-inspired barkcloth from Reprodepot that was exactly what I pictured. Then I compiled a bunch of vintage-inspired fabrics from the sale/clearance on Sew, Mama, Sew! We'll see...
3. A canvas/denim shift dress along the likes of this, this, or this.
4. Oh yeah, that baby dress!
5. All kinds of fun stuff from the used and vintage clothes I acquired this week in Boston, between Sew What?!? and the beloved Garment District. I am going to miss that place - I dug around in the $1.50/pound and picked up a couple things upstairs too, and I'm planning on playing around with deconstrucing and adding ruffles, pockets, making scarves, etc., and embroidery as well. I'm still beginner, so I'm trying to get my feet wet and my sewing machine warm.
6. Too many sweaters to count.

I am currently in Springfield, MA and will be going to Webs soon. Dear god.

No comments:

Post a Comment