My outtakes on this camera are better than the final cuts on my old camera.
And because I am still learning how to use this camera (and use it on manual focus, and use it on self-timer), I have only outtakes of this skirt. (I really have no excuse for the lack of ironing though, sorry, except I hate ironing).
This is the Tulip Skirt, another lovely Wiksten pattern. The fabric is a remnant of unknown fabric content from G Street Fabrics.
I made size S and everything worked out about right, but for some reason my waistband didn't match up to the skirt when it was pleated. It may be because I did french seams and used greater than the seam allowance accidentally, but I just made the pleats a little smaller to adjust.
I had fun playing with the stripes, using them horizontally for the placket, and cutting on the bias for the ties. The inside of the waistband is horizontal as well.
I toiled for a day over which buttons to use - these were from the collection I inherited from my grandmother.
Sorry for all the pictures - I'm excited about my new camera! I bought a Canon Rebel EOS XT body (pre-owned and discounted) and a Canon 50mm f1.8 that Kristina recommended. And then I discovered that the lens on an old 35mm we got at a yard sale fits too!
I just don't have a clue what I'm doing with it. More projects to come this week though!
Oh I almost forgot! This is the first of my Handmade Wardrobe - you can see it here on Flickr along with photos of handmade clothes by other members of the group!