I mean simple. Like, it's basically a pillowcase. But with less stitches than a pillowcase.
I got this soft, light, super-stretchy jersey knit, of course, in the remnants at G Street fabrics. All of those adjectives = difficult to sew with. My textile preferences often override what is suited for the project, or, what I am capable of working with. I'd rather have an item that is less than perfect with fabric I like, than a nice garment with fabric I don't like.
Thus, the pillowcase top.
To keep it as simple as possible, I based this off my square top from C+C's tutorial and this simple top tutorial that I found via pinterest. But even more simple. I folded the fabric in half and cut it 22" wide by 26" long. I cut a neckhole in that top fold and then sewed the two sides with a zigzag stitch (and a 3/4" seam allowance so there would be a little bit of a sleeve), leaving 9" at the top for the armholes. Done.
I really like unfinished jersey edges (really, not just an excuse to only sew two seams) so I just made a simple, drapey top.
This time I did try to iron it, but this fabric really isn't havin' it.
My only concern is that with time this could be easily stretched out without seams to stabilize it.