4.03.2012

vintage shopping in arizona

 A dress from Incahoots in Flagstaff for $23...

 My rust-colored tights didn't make it in the picture, so here they are with a close-up of the pattern...


 A dress from How Sweet it Was in Tucson for $19...


The belt is also from How Sweet it Was - do you already know that the trick to fixing vintage clothes that are too big is to throw a belt on?  I didn't until a fashionable former coworker told me.  Genius, because that first dress above is too big, as is the pile of alterations I'm supposedly going to complete one day.


Hand-printed fabric from Eclectic Flea in Tucson... $4!!!!  It's now hanging on the wall next to our dining table, as you can see above...


And a Chimayo weaving for $9, from Eclectic Flea as well.


I could take ten more trips to Arizona and still want to see and do more.  I love the stuff we saw, did, and got, not to mention some awesome Day of the Dead stuff as well.  We were so close to Mexico, I would have loved to cross the border...

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous3.4.12

    please please please can we go vintage shopping together in Baltimore? maybe on our photo tour? - Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Say when! You don't have to twist my arm on that one.

      Delete
  2. so many good finds :) I ESPECIALLY love that second dress, the fit and pattern are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I should have ironed it first, I'm glad you can see beyond that ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love love love everything you bought! Especially the printed fabric and the rug, so beautiful! The dresses are gorgeous too, such great patterns. What a successful trip for you, with the photos and the shopping :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe what good stuff I found - Arizona was a gold mine. I tried to find some good southwestern print fabrics, but no luck, but I was excited to find such unique patterns in all of these things.

      Delete
  4. Wowww!! The first dress is so nice! You look great on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love the pattern on it.

      Delete