I thought I swore off knitted stuffed animals, but my friends keep having adorable babies and I keeping knitting them up (that sounds like if your baby wasn't cute I wouldn't knit it one).  This one is officially the least crooked one I've made.  He has a cute little face, huh?  It's also the first time I haven't butchered a face with over-embroidering. 

He's a little guy - in this photo he's sitting in my hand next to a coffee mug.

The Koala Baby from Susan B. Anderson's Koala Mama and Baby

Gray - Seedling (100% organic cotton)
White - I forget, but something similar to Berroco Plush
Black - Luna (100% organic cotton)

Shortened the arms because he doesn't have a mama to wrap them around (that sounds so sad, doesn't it?)
Left out the optional fingers and toes.

My only regret is not taking a photo of the little one with her koaley.


  1. Aw so cute! You must have so much patience to do fiddly knitting like that! He will make one baby very happy :))

  2. Thanks! The patience is in the seaming, but it's actually kind of satisfying to finish each component so quickly.

  3. Anonymous27.4.12

    Cuuuuuute! Do I have to have a kid before I get one? - Kim