4.24.2012

koaley

I thought I swore off knitted stuffed animals, but my friends keep having adorable babies and I keeping knitting them up (that sounds like if your baby wasn't cute I wouldn't knit it one).  This one is officially the least crooked one I've made.  He has a cute little face, huh?  It's also the first time I haven't butchered a face with over-embroidering. 


He's a little guy - in this photo he's sitting in my hand next to a coffee mug.

Pattern:
The Koala Baby from Susan B. Anderson's Koala Mama and Baby

Yarn:
Gray - Seedling (100% organic cotton)
White - I forget, but something similar to Berroco Plush
Black - Luna (100% organic cotton)

Modifications:
Shortened the arms because he doesn't have a mama to wrap them around (that sounds so sad, doesn't it?)
Left out the optional fingers and toes.

My only regret is not taking a photo of the little one with her koaley.

4 comments:

  1. Aw so cute! You must have so much patience to do fiddly knitting like that! He will make one baby very happy :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The patience is in the seaming, but it's actually kind of satisfying to finish each component so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous27.4.12

    Cuuuuuute! Do I have to have a kid before I get one? - Kim

    ReplyDelete